Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My first step toward becoming a pod person

Well I have asked for a MacBook Pro and even before I get it I'm thinking how I can use Mas OS X rather than windows for a number of things... Get Office for Mac, Free Pascal works, get the mono c# compiler. hmmm so what will I use windows for?

Well I still love Visual Studio. So Parallels can host a virtual PC for me with Windows and I'll run Visual Studio in that as I need to. Thats what I do at the moment on my PC anyway (except with Virtual PC rather than parrellels).

With some luck I'll get approval and start looking at dual booting with Vista soon!

6 comments:

Rajesh Vasa said...

Nooo ..... What have you done iCain? (or) should it be iAndrew?

Now I'm more convinced than ever before that the demise of M$ is near......

Anonymous said...

Is this the end of Microsoft? What is happening to the evil empire?

When are you going to podcast?

Andrew Cain said...

Mac = hardware
Windows = software

is this a match made in heaven?

:)

Anonymous said...

Apple in bed with MS?
That's not a match made in heaven. More like a match made in some twisted David Lynch movie ;)

Anonymous said...

Whilst my first reaction was, 'Could it be true? Could Andrew have seen the light?'. Though it does appear that ther may be some reasoning behind it. This is probably one of the better casses for people using Boot Camp to its full potential.

I look forward to the podcast as I am sure that despite your percieved bias, you will give an unbiased opinion based on experience rather than FUD.

Anonymous said...

shameful!! shameful i tell you!