Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Blogging as a PSD

So you are a uni student now. Why should you blog? Blogging is a great way of letting others know about the cool and interesting stuff that you are doing. Found a cool web site, got some new hardware, done a great assignment, played with some new tech, want to comment on your lectures... All of these are great blog topics.

Keep your blog reasonably professional and it can become part of your online profile that you can use in your resume. Shows employers that you are interested in IT. When you review something new upload a review to your blog and it will also show that you are capable.

Get a blog now, and let others (me included) know about it. I'm ready to subscribe...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That was the idea and motivation behind my blog this year.

A lot of people ask me what I'm doing and what I'm up to. It's nearly always Uni/study related at the moment it seems so to keep them informed, and to have something extra to put on my resume as a hobby/interest, I started this blog.

Besides, like you said. It's always interesting to here what other like minded people are doing (subject wise, assignment wise, research wise etc.).

Anonymous said...

And don't forget the power of the blog in an interview. One of my friends last year were asked if they kept a blog in an interview. They are really becoming important to IT professionals.

Anonymous said...

"Do you blog?" is one of the ice breaker questions that I ask in interviews.

I also google candidates to see what they have done. (I generally come up in the top 10, thanks to my unusual surname).