Friday, January 13, 2006

Where to blog?

With the tragic loss of my last blog, and a number of friends moving to new blog sites, I am starting to think about where I should blog...

What do I want?
1: Backups... I dont want to lose it all again!
2: Time... It would be good to know that I dont have to move again.
3: Price... I'm cheap :)

Are there any problems with this location? Well not really except for points 2 and 3. This site is run by Raj who is paying to have this hosted. Will it stay around? It will as long as we keep paying. So with this in mind I am asking you where do you blog? What is it like? Most importantly where should I blog?

Anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very sad about the loss of byteclub.

Where do I blog ? I don't at the moment. I am in the quandary, do I blog somewhere on my own, but then I lose the community which we once had, or do I use one of the large services.

Control and cost are the issues in my mind. I think that I will create a blog on coathup.net. But if I am going to do anything, I would prefer to be doing it in .NET.

So I am stuck in limbo and my thoughts are not recorded.

I miss having my notes, being able to do a quick google to remember how I solved a problem previously.