Thursday, March 09, 2006

Week 2 well under way

I am almost ready for HIT1301 now :) and its only half way through week 2. I have finally finished the labs, and got the basic outline for the material on SwinBrain. Now its time to see how this is going to go...

I have finished all of my HIT1301 (Algorithmic Problem Solving) tutorials for this week and for the most part they were quite good. This week we looked at reading and understand source code (with a little bit of coding for fun). Most of the students are prepared to give it a go, and I hope they had some fun with the exercises. My favorite exercise from this week was the program to make the screen flash red, green, then blue. It only takes a few lines of code, but this is much more interesting than just printing text to the screen. I must say that everything is much easier and more interesting when you dont have to deal with objects and the like.

Next week there is a quiz, so I'll have a bit better idea how people are going after that.

No comments: