Friday, February 04, 2005

XC#

Well I have tried to get XC# to work with Whidbey with no luck.

Installed ok, but when VS2005 was loaded it was unable to locate office.dll. The office.dll is used by the AddIn to interact with the command bars of Visual Studio. To fix this I modified the code so that it used the Whidbey style AddIn code to interact with the command bars, this does not require office.dll and so the AddIn now loads.

Now there is a problem with the XC# compiler. During compilation the compiler throws an exception as it is unable to load the System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary class. As I dont have the source code to this there is very little I can do...

At the moment I want to play around with Whidbey a little more, so I will delay a look at this until after I have finished playing with this.

No comments: